Sunday, July 7, 2013

Twice in one day ... very rare

I'm back :)  It has been a busy day, not only did Jim and I get out for a bike ride, I created two cards using two challenges I haven't participated in before.  Isn't that wonderful.  I sure do hope this MOJO sticks around for a while.
The Paper Players challenge this week is Christmas in July, which is so hard to say because it is unbelievable that it is July already and that Christmas is just around the corner.  It surely doesn't feel like July because this summer has been very mild and I love it.  The rain, I know, has helped that tremendously.  It is supposed to be nice this week, but not hot, so I can go with that.
I also did something that I typically don't do for this challenge, I made a very simple card.  I am one who typically puts all kinds of embellishments on my card, but didn't want that for this one.  I haven't put a cut on my card base before and wanted to give it a try; I really like how it turned out.  I used my SU markers to color in my image (another thing I rarely do) and even though I have a lot more work to do with those, was happy with how it turned out.
I could get used to this clean and simple style because this took me about 20 minutes to make.  Wonderful :)

Enjoy your evening.

Janet

Supplies:

SU whisper white card stock
SU Bells and Boughs stamp set
SU framelits die
SU real red ink
SU real red, gumball green, so saffron, basic grey and blending markers

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janet. Love that Christmas card, CAS cards are good with me! I recognise those stamps am sure I have got them in my stash (SU?)

    We are having some of the best weather we have had for years!! For us its hot and dry!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friend! :) So happy to have you stop by and say hello! I've added to my Feedly so we can encourage each other with our MOJO issues! LOL!

    Great card and I hope to do a little Christmas in July soon as well! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Janet! I love the sponged detail around the frame. A clean and classy Christmas creation. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for stopping by - enjoy your day !!