Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dynamic Duos Challenge

Happy weekend everyone :)  I hope you are all having a great start to this wonderful weekend.  I have two exciting things happening today.  
The first being my debut as a design team member for Dynamic Duos Challenge Blog and I am still walking on air.  I have to tell you that at first I wasn't too sure if I could get these two colors to work for me, but after sitting down and laying it out, was like, yep, this is going to work out great (I also had help using the Seize The Birthday sketch from a few weeks back, which I really enjoyed).   
I used the Quint-Essential Flower Stamp Set and thought I was going to be able to use the punch that goes with it, but alas, I don't have it, so I used a scalloped edge spellbinder circle to cut them out and layer, topped it off the a button and bakers twine (love that stuff).  I really enjoyed the layer strips - it was fun putting those together.

Now, the fun part begins :)  You get to create a project using these great colors; we do ask that you use only those two colors shown, but neutrals (skin tones, etc.) are okay to use.  If you don't have these exact colors, use something as close to them as you can.  I can't wait to see what you're going to show us.

On to the second part of this great weekend, our daughter Elizabeth is graduating from Columbia College today and we are so very proud of her.  She is going to be a high school language arts teacher and have to give her props for taking that on.  Elizabeth, we are very happy for you and know you are going to go far in the goals you have set for yourself.  Love you.

Janet

SU whisper white cardstock
SU baja breeze and daffodil delight designer paper
SU daffodil delight ink
SU baja breeze ink
SU Quint Essential Flower stamp
SU Well-scripted happy birthday stamp
SU designer button and brads
Spellbinders scalloped circle die
Baker's twine in yellow and blue


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Janet! Congratulations to Elizabeth, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is delightful Janet and the baker's twine in two colours is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly did make it work! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Janet, love the banner strips and what a great sentiment. So happy to be working with you on the Duos team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Love how you've used these colors. It's great to be working with you at Dynamic Duos...we're in for a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great birthday card Janet. Love your matching bakers twine :) So very excited to be working with you at Dynamic Duos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Janet! I love how you built the flower :) Also, congrats to you and your daughter - what an accomplishment!! Glad to be working along side you at DD's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the double twine bow! Super sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - lovely flower - great job with our colours this week. Looking forward to having fun with you on the new design team!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, this is wonderful! You've really done a great job with these two colors. I especially like how you've brought both in with the twine! Congrats on your DT spot--I'm sure they are delighted to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that layered flower! This is such a happy card, Janet! So glad to have you on the DD team! Congrats once again to your daughter. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it's all good news here Janet! Congrats on your daughter's graduation and on joining on the Dynamic Duos DT team yourself. I love the double bakers twine bow and the placement of those brads on your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for stopping by - enjoy your day !!