It's me again with another card using two challenges this time. The first is a color challenge (I have always had a hard time with these, but am going to do more of them this year) from Color Throwdown (it is so springy and I love those colors). The sketch challenge is from Cardabilities and I haven't participated in their challenges since I was on the design team (I know I should have my hand slapped) but am going to do more of those as well this year.

This was a fun card to put together because I am typically making birthday, thank you or thinking of you cards, but wanted to try a different sentiment. I found an image in my scraps that I had stamped a few years back but never used and I love Faith in Nature by Stampin Up, so that's what I used. I distressed the base of it and then placed a cut out flower on the top but didn't distress it so it would stand out a little more.
I did something new to me with the hello die cut sentiment; I took the colors and put them on a piece of scrap paper and then cut it out giving it that ombre' look (LOVE IT). I also cut out the sentiment three times and stacked them on top of each other, with the colored sentiment on top to give it that raised look.
Well, I'm going to create more, but I'm not going to upload anything else until tomorrow :)
See you then
Supplies:
cardstock: SU whisper white, SU wisteria wonder; SU daffodil delight
patterned paper: SU watercolor wonder
ink: SU wisteria wonder; SU daffodil delight; SU crisp cantaloupe; SU coastal cabana
stamps: SU gorgeous grunge; SU faith in nature
dies: SU hello you; SU chalk talk; MFT blueprints 13; SU labels
accessories: SU dimensionals; 3M micropore tape; ranger multi medium adhesive; Tim Holtz distresser; Provo Craft cuttlebug
Beautiful card! I love Blue color! Thanks of sharing with Cardabilities!
ReplyDeleteClean and simply- I like your card. Thanks of sharing with Cardabilities!
ReplyDeleteLovely card! The ombre sentment is a great look! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!
ReplyDeleteFun card!! Love the distressed edge, splatter background, and layered sentiment!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, and LOVE the hello die cut! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.
ReplyDeleteLove it Janet x
ReplyDelete